Blog layout for STYLEBOOK by Gosia Boy
ABOUT THE CLIENT
Gosia Boy is a fashion editor & influencer from Warsaw, Poland. Her online journal – STYLEBOOK by Gosia Boy, founded in 2012, combines written articles and video blog entries about lifestyle and fashion. Gosia collaborates with prominent brands like: Louis Vuitton, Longchamp, Chloé, Armani Beauty, La Mer, Dior, Estée Lauder and Laura Mercier.
In May 2017 Gosia Boy contacted me requesting a full metamorphosis for her STYLEBOOK. Main requirements for the project:
– Improving the general usability & legibility of the page;
– Including more conversion-oriented modules;
– Disqus (commenting platform) integration;
– Social media integration;
– Refreshing the visual identity of the page.
The proposed layout is based on an existing WordPress theme, which got fully customized to fulfill client’s requirements.
– Minimalistic layout, making good use of white space, provides excellent readability on all devices and gives more prominence to the photos.
– Both chosen fonts – Playfair Display (titles) and Roboto (body copy & navigation) are characterized by their high legibility on all screen sizes. Playfair is a serif font, quite well suited for titling and headlines (as hinted by the name). It is frequently used in fashion blogs,magazines and websites (such as Vogue España). Roboto is a sans-serif font, modern and crisp, originally developed by Google for Android devices.
– The header of the main page is currently used for highlighted content. Locating sponsored content above the fold helps increase conversion rates.
– As requested the blog features Disqus and social media plugins, encouraging interactions between the author and her readers.